Auditor for Bitbucket gives you the tools you need to enforce company policies, prevent data leaks, and breathe easy.
- SSH support and SSH access keys are enabled on Bitbucket server
- If you want to use the Migrate to Git LFS functionality you will need Git LFS support enabled in Bitbucket and git-lfs tool is installed on the Bitbucket server.
- A user with ADMIN permission for all repositories which you want to impact. This user needs to be set in the Global Configuration.
- Sufficient free disk space to perform modifications to the repository. This can be up to 5x the size of your largest repository.
- Repo + Backup + Working Copy + Working Copy during Pack (grows in size till completion then deletes old working copy) + SCM cache
- Cleanup repository with configurable rules
- Migrate existing repository data to Git LFS
- Schedule recurring jobs to ensure that configured rules are enforced in repositories
- A configurable number of parallel jobs in Bitbucket cluster with monitoring and queue capabilities.
- Support for large repositories tested with:
- Automated repository backups prior to making any changes. We also provide configurable retention duration for backups.
- The repository is automatically locked during processing to prevent any external changes (push, open/merge pull request, create branch, etc). These changes would be lost after a push of rewritten history.
- Email notifications when a repository is changed by Auditor to:
- All repository members with WRITE permission.
- The user who started the job
- System user for recurring job runs
- Pull request can be reopened while auditor is running (no corresponding cancellable event provided by bitbucket) causing push fail (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Git-push-failure/qaq-p/283290)
- Default hook.callback.buffer.capacity (5MB) is not enough to push mirror of large repositories. The workaround is to increase it via bitbucket.properties file or JVM parameters.
- Large repositories post-recieve hook may fail with OutOfMemoryError in Bitbucket. The workaround is to increase the maximum heap size.
- May fail with org.eclipse.jgit.errors.LargeObjectException$ExceedsLimit for some repositories. The workaround is to increase limit using “Max non-file object size” parameter in job configuration.