AUDITOR FOR BITBUCKET
Automated policy and security enforcement for Bitbucket
Auditor for Bitbucket
An Atlassian application that provides tools you need to enforce company policies, prevent data leaks, and keep control of your Bitbucket data.
● SSH support and SSH access keys are enabled on Bitbucket server
● If you want to use the Migrate to Git LFS functionality you will need Git LFS support enabled in Bitbucket and git-lfs tool is installed on the Bitbucket server.
● A user with ADMIN permission for all repositories which you want to impact. This user needs to be set in the Global Configuration.
● Sufficient free disk space to perform modifications to the repository. This can be up to 5x the size of your largest repository.
» Repo + Backup + Working Copy + Working Copy during Pack (grows in size till completion then deletes old working copy) + SCM cache
- Cleanup repositories with pre-made and user configurable rules
- Migrate existing repository data to Git LFS
- Schedule recurring jobs to ensure that configured rules are enforced
- Run parallel jobs in Bitbucket Datacenter with monitoring and queue capabilities
- Automated repository backups prior to making any changes
- Provide configurable retention duration for backups
- Repositories are automatically locked during processing to prevent any external changes (push, open/merge pull request, create branch, etc)
- The following receive email notifications when a repository is changed by Auditor for Bitbucket:
» All repository members with WRITE permission
» The user who started the job
» System user for recurring job runs
Q: What is it compatible with?
A: Atlassian Bitbucket Server
Q: How large of a repositories does it support?
A: To ensure the scalability of this Atlassian app, we tested it with the following large repositories
Q: What are some known issues?
• Pull request can be reopened while auditor is running (no corresponding cancellable event provided by bitbucket) causing push fail (https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Bitbucket-questions/Git-push-failure/qaq-p/283290)
• Default hook.callback.buffer.capacity (5MB) is not enough to push mirror of large repositories. The workaround is to increase it via bitbucket.properties file or JVM parameters.
• Large repositories post-recieve hook may fail with OutOfMemoryError in Bitbucket. The workaround is to increase the maximum heap size.
• May fail with org.eclipse.jgit.errors.LargeObjectException$ExceedsLimit for some repositories. The workaround is to increase limit using “Max non-file object size” parameter in job configuration.
If your question is not listed, please reach out via our service desk here.