What is monday.com Software and How It Can Help Your Business Be Agile
Drowning in spreadsheets or simple task managers doesn’t cut it for today’s agile business teams. That’s where the cloud-based platform monday.com comes in to help your business stay nimble — streamlining processes and workflows, improving collaboration, and making information more accessible and actionable for your employees. But what exactly is monday.com and how can it help you with agile project management?
monday.com is in the emerging category of software called work operating systems (work OS), which offer overlapping capabilities to project management software but go a step further, managing the entirety of workflow and processes across the organization. By using a work OS like monday.com, your team is able to track progress toward a common goal, all in one place.
Atlas Authority is a partner of monday.com — and we only partner with software companies that have the potential to make companies more agile. The following guide provides a brief introduction into what monday.com software is, and why your business might benefit from implementing it.
What is monday.com: The Basics
monday.com is an agile project management platform that describes itself as “the visual platform that manages everything.” The user interface of monday.com consists of visual boards to plan, organize, and track work. Specifically, monday.com is considered among the top enterprise project management software, including components such as: resource and project management, time tracking, collaboration, reporting, and file sharing.
Where monday.com stands out as more than project management software is its flexibility and ability to create automated workflows. The software was named the best project management software for workflow automation by The Digital Project Manager, because it is “a highly customizable tool that lets you work in whatever methodology — kanban or otherwise — that fits your project and team.”
monday.com allows teams to build a workflow completely customizable to their needs, focusing on process and not tasks. For example, rather than simply conveying a list of tasks and statuses, it allows the user to convey information in a way that can be replicated for future processes.
Companies of every industry are constantly sharing new and creative ways they are using the platform. Here’s an example of how an IT desk might use the dashboard to better understand their work and operate more efficiently:
How monday.com Improves Business Agility by Streamlining Workflow
Implementing monday.com can benefit your business in a number of ways, including:
- Keeping teams outcome-focused. Focusing on outcomes and not output is a key aspect of agile businesses. Work OS allows you to clearly define outcomes and keep everyone working toward them.
- Breaking down business silos. Business silos — i.e. when specific functions don’t share information with each other — slow down business. monday.com enables transparency and collaboration so that teams can operate more effectively and efficiently.
- Providing actionable insights to boost productivity. Teams are given full transparency into the information they need, so that they can make decisions more quickly.
- Optimize workflow. monday.com has the power to streamline and automate processes that used to take up a lot of time, helping teams improve efficiency and performance.
Overall, the beauty of a collaborative workspace is that teams now can access the information they need in one place, and communicate in one place. This makes people work better, and in turn leads to better business results.
Getting Started with monday.com
monday.com is a platform that offers a variety of templates by industry to get started, from construction schedules to marketing calendars. It is also completely customizable to fit the needs of any size business.
At Atlas Authority, we help clients figure out what they need from software like monday.com, create the customization, and manage the implementation. Before implementing monday.com, like any technology, we work with clients to consider the following:
- Business requirements and goals. We consider the client’s business, industry, operations, processes, and infrastructure, so that we can design and develop a strategic roadmap for rolling out monday.com.
- Workflow automation. We help businesses take advantage of monday.com’s robust capabilities by building custom automations.
- Existing technology and app integrations. monday.com offers many integrations, from GDrive to Slack. For example, for clients already using Jira for project management, we can create an integration so that specific items within monday.com become Jira notifications. We also build custom integrations to fit specific business needs.
- Licensing. monday.com offers many options for licensing programs that we manage and streamline.
In summary, monday.com is a platform that can drive business transformation — optimizing performance, fostering collaboration, and boosting productivity. Please contact us using the form below if you would like more information about how monday.com can power your business.
Boris Berenberg is the founder of Atlas Authority.